Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Final Thoughts on King Kalimari


Well it happened - the show finally closed this past weekend. Whew, what an exciting ride it was for me. All the great actors in the cast made it so much fun. I also learned a TON about, acting, actors, and myself. I can't thank everyone enough who was involved in the show and also all of those who threw caution to the wind and came out to see the show. It's kind of funny how when you're so closely involved in something, it's hard to be objective about it, but everyone I talked to who came to see the show liked it for various reasons so on that level, I feel it was a great success!

I especially want to thank Derek for giving me the opportunity to be in the show, for writing such an inventive script, and for bearing with all of the actors as we brought his words to life.

For me, it's a little sad that Jean Jacque is now only a memory (and a great one for me). It's odd, but even though it's only been a couple of days since the closing, I already miss being able to breath life into the character each week. Life does however move on.

Thanks again to all - the cast and the crew were really great to work with, and those who came out to support me in my acting adventures, I can not express how much that means to me! I'm truly grateful to know so many of you care enough to support and encourage me in my pursuit of acting. Words truly can not express how much that means to me. THANK YOU.

Well I suppose that's it for Kermopoly and King Kalimari for the foreseeable future.

P.S. Those of you astute viewers will recognize that the picture at the top of this post is for early on, before we had final costumes. Things changed a lot when we finalized the costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment