Thursday, June 7, 2007

...about Much Ado about...


Well, we officially started rehearsals for Much Ado About Nothing last week and have continued this week. It's a little weird for me to jump right from one play to another. It's interesting to go from something I've grown very familiar with KK, to something totally new to me. New blocking (where the actors go on the stage for each piece of the scene) to learning new lines (and some very challenging lines to boot), to getting familiar with a completely new set of actors. But it's also been a lot of fun so far.

My only issue is that I hurt my back over the weekend so I'm moving VERY slowly this week. It's unfortunate that we've been doing a lot of physical stuff in the rehearsals - there's a big 'dance number' in the play. It' pretty hard to learn dance steps when you can barely move!

Fear not - with each passing day I'm feeling better, but it's a SLOW process letting the body heal.

My friend and fellow actor Leon Cohen is chronicling the rehearsals with pictures. He said his goal is to take (and post) a picture each night of rehearsal! That's fairly ambitious, but it sounds like a good idea. So if you want to see pictures of the play in progress, you can check out HIS blog.

Well, there's a lot to learn and a short time for us to do it. The play opens July 14th and runs for 3 weekends. I'll be keeping you posted occasionally from my perspective on what I'm going through in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment