Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Books I've Been Reading


Robert Jordan and The Wheel of Time Series Since I spend a LOT of time in my car (who doesn't, living in L.A. you may ask?), I've had to find a way to better use the time. Well I discovered Audio Books, and what a GREAT discovery! You can find TONS of audio books available on a wide range of subjects. I've been trying to split my time between something "useful" like personal development titles - be a better person type books, and other books for sheer reading pleasure. I particularly like fantasy and suspense books. It all started with the Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown but I'm currently reading (or more accurately - listening to) a series of books by Robert Jordan called "The Wheel of Time". I have to tell you this is a really good fantasy series, but the author is a powerhouse writer. There are so far 11 books in the series, he's reportedly working on the last book currently. I only just started book 9, called Winter's Heart. If you're up for a good, LONG story check out the series - but I suggest starting with the first book. This story isn't done justice starting in one of the later books - you miss too much back story. If you have other good books to suggest, I'm all ears - drop me a comment and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment