Thursday, July 19, 2007

Tech Tips


My tech tip today is a little self-serving. We're going to talk about Browser add-ons. Now if you use Firefox, like I do, there are a TON (literally) of cool add-ons, especially if you use GMAIL for your email. Anyway, I also wanted to let you know about Adobe Flash Player. It's a browser add-on that allows you to view Flash Animations (pretty much the standard for cool web animations these days). If you don't have it installed, it's easy to do go to Adobe's site and install it. If the little "F" Icon does a dance, you're set, if not, download and install it. Note: This may not be possible if you don't have administrator rights on your PC. Many corporate environments prevent users from installing software on their PCs (mine included).

Why do I bring this up you might be asking? Well for one, my Cool Picasa (By Google)slide shows which I've been posting various pictures in, won't work unless you have the Flash plugin (add-on) installed on your computer! So, now you know. B.T.W. it's free (love the sound of that word) so go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment