Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Smell of Success

 

 

 

 

Well last Sunday I finally got un-confused. We filmed The Smelly Janitor - a film by my friend Trent. It was a really fun and exciting shoot for me even though my role was very brief. To make up for it and since Trent had asked me to (I would have done it anyway) I spent most of the day photographing the behinds the scenes - making of the film. Trent had asked me to act as behind the scenes vidiographer, but it proved to be too much trying to do still shots AND video. Zach, who played the "handsome man" stepped up to the plate (OK, he didn't really have to step UP, being already 6'5" tall) but he took over the video camera so I could concentrate on my still shots with my much mentioned Nikon D80. Above are just a couple of the many shots I took. Actually, the photograph of me was taken by Dong Chul Oh, the camera assistant and a good photographer in his own right. He was nice enough to take several shots of me and other cast members with my camera.

The shoot went well, except for a couple of glitches - like one of the lead actresses going AWOL and not showing up. Paige Kimball was selected to play the role of the beautiful woman instead and filming proceeded. Everyone involved - cast and crew was so great! No funky attitudes and everyone was excited, high energy and into making it a great shoot. I think Trent ended up being overwhelmed by the process of Directing, Producing and Acting in the film. Since I only heard from him tonight two days later, he confirmed my suspicions.

For those of you who acted in the film, I'll have more pictures online in the next day or so - I'm trying out a new photo hosting site by Zenfolio which should make a nice online viewing experience. Check back here in a day or so for further postings about the shoot and links to my online photos - I had a TON (if pixels actually have a measurable weight) of pictures so it's taking a while to go through and select the best and get them ready for viewing.

-- Rex Hoss
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Rex: Good to see you're still so excited about acting and taking pictures on the set. :-)

    ReplyDelete