Wednesday, October 31, 2007

How to Scare Yourself on Halloween

I've been reading "Hideaway" By Dean Koontz. This is an intreaguing story of suspense and a little supernatural. It starts off a little slowly but gets very interesting quickly. As seems to be a theme with Dean Koontz, very early in the story a character dies, but the twist is that in this story - death is not the end, in fact, it's the beginning. I have to say that my favorite character in the story is a little girl named Regina. Koontz' ability to bring life to her and endear her to the reader is phenominal! She's a hoot, and brings humor and levity to an otherwise, sommber yet quite suspensful story. It's not always clear where the story is going (and doesn't that always make it more fun?), but the ride is very enjoyable. I've read a couple of Dean Koontz' other stories and I'm really liking his story telling. Usually a mix of real and surreal, but always keeps you turning the pages (or in my case - listening to the next audio CD). So if you're looking for a good book to read in honor of Halloween, and need a good scare, or fun story, this book is highly recommended.

Story by Rex Hoss

No comments:

Post a Comment