Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Another Great Google Product

In keeping with my Google obsession, I'd like to introduce (or remind) people to Google Maps! I know most of us are familiair with Mapquest, and perhaps Yahoo Maps, but in my humble opinion, Google Maps seriously rocks! You can get your standard directions to/from places, but you can also click and drag the map to move it (very cool) and if you have a scroll mouse, you can use the wheel for things like zooming in/out. You can even remember various locations you've searched and create your own customizable maps of your favorite locations. They also have a really neat feature if you're looking up a business (say your favorite Chinese Restaurant). Once you've located the business you desire, you can click on a link, input YOUR phone number and Google Maps will ring YOUR phone and connect you to the business. Did I hear someone say directory assistance? Anyway, try it out! I think you'll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment