Monday, May 21, 2007

Much Ado About . . .


Hi everyone I have some awesome news! Last week I tried out for, and was offered a role in the Culver City Public Theatre's upcoming production of Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing"!!! Yes, you read that right - yours truly is going to be doing Shakespeare in the Park! The Culver City Public Theatre puts on several plays during the summer, and I believe throughout the rest of the year as well.

I have to give a special thanks to Leon Cohen for suggesting that I try out for the play. Leon as many of you know plays the narrator in King Kalimari the Musical which I'm currently performing in. Well he told me the CCPT was looking for some good actors and suggested I try out. I actually tried out for another of their summer plays as well, but was delighted to find out they'd offered my the role of BALTHASAR for Much Ado About Nothing.

I also want to give a tremendous thanks to Ken McFarlane who will be directing the production and is the one who Auditioned me, and offered me the role in the play. I am truly thankful, grateful, and excited to work with him and the rest of the cast on this production!

To say I'm flattered is an understatement. I consider Shakespeare to be both a challenge, and an honor to perform so I'm REALLY excited about this opportunity. The play will run for three weekends in July. It's an open air stage and people can come and picnic, enjoy the day and get your Shakespeare ON! I'll have more information about things as they progress. Stay tuned for further details.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the good words but I only gave you a phone number. You earned the role through the audition. I've also talked a bit about CCPT on my blog. I think you can get there by clicking the name above. It's been great working with you on King Kalimari and I look forward to that continuing with Much Ado where I get to portray the always misspoken Dogberry.

    - Leon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rex,
    Congrats and we will be driving down to see you in Shakespeare. What a difficult challenge for any actor and we wish you well. --Sonja & Rene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to a talented man. I look forward to seeing your performance.







    -Rob-

    ReplyDelete