Monday, May 21, 2007

Kermopoly Update

Hi Everyone! Well we just finished week 6 so that means only two short weeks (4 shows) left for King Kalimari the Musical (at least in its current incarnation). I have been having a BLAST! This show has continues to be such a great learning experience for me.

Things I have learned from/about live theatre:

  • It's a true challenge to bring the same energy (and remember your lines) for every show from week to week especially when there aren't any rehearsals in between the shows.
  • The actors become like a family - especially since we spend a good deal of time together (several months in this case). And as in a family, you develop people whom you're closer to and you also discover things good and bad, about each other, but like a family there is a love and a respect (at least I think so) between all the members. Despite our differences, when it comes to the show - we all pull together to make it the best we can.
  • Audiences are fickle and unpredictable. By that I mean each one as a personality and it's really interesting as a performer to discover what parts of the show different audiences find entertaining. We perform (basically) the same show every time yet, we often get very different reactions from the audience to various parts of the show. Certain lines which often GET laughs, sometimes don't and vice-versa.

There are a ton of other things I am learning but for now I'm getting tired so I'm going to end this blog entery. Thanks to everyone who reads my posts regularly (or not so regularly) and especially for the love and support I've had throughout this whole show.

Remeber two more weeks so if you still want to check out the show there's time.

Also of note, a few of the characters are going to be played by understudies at some of the final 4 shows. Several of the actors have other obligations which of course is GREAT for them - I wish everone involved with this show MUCH SUCCESS in their endeavours, but it also is sad for me because I've come to enjoy, and respect each actor in their own ways and will miss then not being with us in the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment