Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Trip to Boston

OK, so the title's a bit of a tease, but, I'm excited because I got to work background on one of my favorite shows today!  Boston Legal. For those who don't know, James Spader, William Shatner and Candice Bergen are the main stars, and the show is wonderful. Since this was a background roll, the majority of my time was spent waiting in the "holding area" talking with the other background artists. That in itself can be fun, but the real fun was when we were called to the set. The scene was inside a restaurant/bar where Shirley Schmidt (Candice Bergen's character) was having a business lunch with another of the shows characters (from another law firm) who's name unfortunately escapes me.  Both actors were amazing and professional. It's really fun for me to get to watch the "pros" work and also see some of the behind-the-scenes things that go on.

I don't do a lot of background work these days, but Boston Legal is one of my favorite shows and I've always wanted to be on it, so, today marked a milestone of sorts for me in that I got the chance to be on the show. Next time it would be nice to have a speaking role, but I'm so grateful and excited about just being around the wonderful people today, making some new friends and being involved in the amazing world of acting. 

--Rex Hoss

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You are now an official member of the "BL Background Club." :~D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leon, Membership has its privileges. It was a blast, and kept me thinking of you and how much you enjoy working the show when you get the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete