Monday, August 25, 2008

100 pushups in 6 weeks - Week 4

If you've been following my posts, several weeks ago I mentioned that I'd started a new exercise routine called 100 pushups in 6 weeks.  After two weeks you do a strength test and depending upon your results you proceed with the training. Well after the third week, I wasn't completing the necessary amount of reps so my instructions were to repeat that week's workout. Well it took me two additional repitions of week three's workout to build the strength to complete it. That being done I moved on to week "four" which was really my sixth week, but it's all good. After successfully completing the week four workout last week I was scheduled to perform another strength test which I just did, and completed 42 consecutive pushups! So that means I'll be starting my week five workout tomorrow. 

Up to this point the workouts have consisted of five sets of pushup with varying amounts of reps in each set for example first set with say 25 pushups, 2nd set with 20, 20 18 and then 25 reps for the last set. Those numbers are just examples but it gives you an idea of what I've been doing. Each day of the week gets progressively more reps in each set - thus making it harder.  Week five pushes it up another notch by adding three more sets so I'll be doing a total of 8 sets (whew!).  If' I can't make it through this week with the required number of sets and reps, it'll be repeat time again. We'll see how it goes. But I do feel stronger and seem to even be bulking up my chest and triceps a little too.  Wish me luck! I'll keep you informed on my progress toward the goal of performing 100 consecutive pushups!

--Rex Hoss

No comments:

Post a Comment