Tuesday, June 10, 2008

On Taking Pretty Pictures

Well, it took a few days to sort through all my photographs from this past weekend. If you weren't paying attention in my earlier post, I had the opportunity to shoot a bunch of models and actors for IMT Agency this past weekend. We gathered around 9am near Will Rogers Beach Park, and then the beach for a knock-down, drag-out photo shoot. There were 7 photographers including yours truly, and about 15 models throughout the day. It was a lot of fun, and more than a little stressful for me since I do most of my "better" photography indoors in controlled light. This was done outdoors, with bright sun. I tried to minimize the sun bu shooting in shade and directing the light with reflectors, but this was new territory for me, and a good challenge. It was also interesting since we shot a variety of people, in no particular order, with varying skin-tone so there are constant adjustments to the camera to get a well exposed picture. Things got even more challenging as the day went on and the sun got higher in the sky. Most photographers agree that the mid-day sun is the worst light for shooting in, but that's exactly what we had.

Overall though, I'm very pleased with most of the photos I took. The slideshow above is by no means all the pictures I took - just a selection to highlight the day.

Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments section.

--Rex Hoss

3 comments:

  1. Great work REX! Fantastic shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work REX! Fantastic shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Leon! It's always nice to hear what others think of our work. Everyone is their own worst critic, and I'm certainly in that camp. So hearing others views is a good reality check and, of course sometimes a humbling experience, but that's how we grow too.

    ReplyDelete