Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanks and Giving


Since the traditional Holiday Season is now upon us with Tomorrow being Thanksgiving. I thought I'd take a moment to contemplate how thankful I am for all that life has given me this year. I've had an amazing time this year. I've been in two plays, a movie, been on many interesting auditions. I've met some amazing people who I can't begin to list but I'm thankful for meeting everyone I have had the pleasure of working with and/or getting to know in my various endeavors. I've reconnected with some old friends and mad new ones. I've taken some amazing photographs and been fortunate enough to have and add to my photographic equipment. I've had an amazing job which provides me a good lifestyle and opportunity. I've shed over 20 pounds and I'm looking and feeling better than last year. That's only a partial list, but it drives the point home. I have a LOT to be thankful for this year and my readers and supports are definitely part of what I'm thankful for.

Now try this yourself - Make a list of the things you're thankful for in your life. It can be as detailed as you like - it's up to you. But remember as you sit down to that feast tomorrow that you do indeed have much to be thankful for. Also remember to be thankful for the small things - I can afford to pay my bills, I have ability to recognize beauty in this world. It's addictive and fun, but more importantly, it's also life-changing. See as you focus on what you are thankful for, you will actually draw more of that to you. Some call this the "law of attraction", but I know it's true and working in my life.

So go ahead, give thanks, be grateful, enjoy the Holidays, friendship, family, the crazy shopping spree (you know you love shopping). Enjoy it all and rejoice in this wonderful journey we're all on called life!

I love you all,

-- Thankfully, Rex Hoss

No comments:

Post a Comment