Thursday, December 27, 2007

Living on the Edge of Cell Phone Technology


First, anyone who regularly reads my blog (I think there are two of you) will note that this is my second post of the day, after a long period of inactivity on my blog. Well I have a really good reason. I finally splurged (kind of late Christmas present to self) and upgraded my cell phone. I'd been living pretty happily with my Sony/Ericsson T616 for many years. Once it was hailed as the current great phone. Even featured in several movies. But alas, techo-time marches on and it was king of time to upgrade. A Friend got the cool and funky Sony/Ericsson w580i recently and has been taunting me with it. I guess I finally caved in (OK so my old phone was starting to act up and some of the buttons are finicky), so I decided to get a Christmas present and upgraded.

Well the new phone came today and hence my blog. Actually, this post serves two purposes. First to happily convey my new upgrade, and second, because in order to activate the new phone, I was told to leave it OFF for twenty minutes, after which time it will work. Sooooooooo. I'm typing this blog while I wait those 20 long minutes before turning on my new toy, er, I mean, gadget, er, I mean tool, yeah, that's it my new TOOL. At any rate, this phone as some nifty features, like also being a walk-man (iPod-like music player) a 2, (yeah you heard right 2 mega pixel camera (OK so my Nikon D80 has 10 Megapixels, but then it's a REAL camera), and I think it has some other features thrown in for good measure. Not sure what they are, or if I'll use them, but hey, they're there! Maybe exploring the new features will give me something to do next time I'm sitting around on a set waiting for the director to call ACTION!

At any rate, I'll keep you posted on how I like the new TOOL, once I've had a chance to work with it.

--Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment