Friday, March 23, 2007

King Kalimari Update



This week was exciting, we finished up in the recording studio - making a cast album of all of the songs from the musical! I believe it will be on sale at the shows if you're interested. It was pretty great for me to be back in a recording studio after many years away from recording music.

Also, last night we had a costume fitting session, it was fun seeing the cast in various costume combinations trying to find out what was going to work for each character. I got off pretty easy since I'm playing a chef - it's a pretty simple costume. Some of the characters are much more elaborate and fun! Behind the scenes note: It was also interesting to see which cast members are shy and which are NOT! Some felt compelled to change right in front of everyone and others had a lot more 'discretion'.

Next week should be exciting - we're having our first Dress Rehearsal! Get to see all our costumes in action! Check back for more details!

3 comments:

  1. It was also interesting to see which cast members are shy and which are NOT! Some felt compelled to change right in front of everyone and others had a lot more 'discretion'.

    Guess I fall somewhere in the middle on this. I’m not too terribly concerned about folks seeing my boxer-briefs but am more self-conscious when it comes to changing my shirt. (I’m no John Candy but probably won’t be modeling for Men’s Health anytime soon.) I’ve noticed that some actresses, though, have no problem changing tops—including their brassiere—in front of others. Not that I’m intentionally peeking, but in a small dressing room there are only so many places one’s eyes can go!

    Anyway, I’m an actor in Portland, Oregon, who will be moving to LA this year. Came across your blog today via Andy’s blog “Here in Van Nuys.” I’ll definitely check out your blog some more, and might even have a question or two for you about La-La Land.

    I like your photo of the ghost town, by the way. Reminds me of the desert areas outside of Tucson, where I lived for several years in the ‘90s.

    Break a leg on your show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sokrates - thanks for checking out my blog and taking the time to comment on my stuff! It's always cool to meet other like-minded people. I have relatives in Oregon, but have never been there. Feel free to check back regularly and of course if you have questions about "La-La Land" as you call it, I'm open to that!

    Not sure if I should be responding to peoples comments by commenting myself but I am - until I figure all this blogging stuff out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Rex: It's your blog, so post away! If you end up posting an e-mail address, I'll drop you a line. Right now I'm just trying to work out the nuts-and-bolts stuff like where to live, where to get a car, day job, etc. I'm sure I'll eventually have questions about agents, auditions, unions, and the like. I have a number of showbiz contacts in LA who are waiting for me to call once I've landed. Now I just need to get my butt down there!

    ReplyDelete