Monday, March 26, 2007

Money Mondays

Hi everyone,

Well it's Monday and I found myself without too much to add to the blog today but I started thinking about money (after a trip to the bank to replenish what I'd spent at the comptuer fair this weekend). So I decided since many of my friends and even myself don't do a good enough job of saving money, I'd spell out a savings plan I'd heard of and have (almost) implemented on a regular basis.

Rule is: Always pay yourself first! The easiest way to do this is to take 10% off the top of any money you make/earn/steal/borrow and spirit it away to a savings account you aren't otherwise going to TOUCH! So, every time I get paid (I'm actually looking into ways to automate this) I try to take 10% (off the top - not after taxes) and put that into a saving account. It's amazing but you barely notice it once it's gone!!! and it's also amazing how fast it can add up in a good interest bearing account! 10% too much you say! Even though many of you will give/tithe that much to God, you can't seem to give 10% to yourself - even though YOU earned it and God loves you as he loves himself (not to get to religious), but you DO deserve that much. If you still can't find it in yourself or your budget to give yourself, start with 5% and work up from there after a few months - once you realize you really CAN give yourself that much. No matter what percent you start with, it's better than nothing and by the time you retire - (you DO plan on retiring with some money saved don't you?) you'll have a nice sum to support you in your 'golden years'.

[Photo by Rex Hoss -all rights reserved]
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment