Saturday, January 26, 2008

Making it in Mexico

My blog posting has been pretty sparse lately. Sorry about that, but then again the premise of this blog has always primarily been to inform about my life as an actor, which has been somewhat slow, except for The Etch A Sketch show which was really fun and we packed the house on our second show a week ago. There will probably be some more shows in February so if you didn't catch it yet, there's still hope.

That being said, I've been in Silao, Mexico this week. I'm sitting in my hotel room typing this at this moment. I'm here on a work-related capacity and I've been working some crazy hours and having lots of 'fun' dealing with the cultural differences and challenges here, but it has also been an amazing experience for me. My first time to spend this much time in rural Mexico. The people I've met (mostly work associates) have been amazing and friendly! Tomorrow I'm going to try to see some of the local area since my official work is done, so now it's Touristo Time. I also regrettably haven't been taking too many pictures here because again, I've mostly been 'working' and it's hard for me to use my gigantic Nikon D80 when working.

I did get a cool picture on my camera phone and if I can figure out how to send it from the phone to my blog I'll post it. It's actually in the spirit of my friend Leon Cohen's 'urinal pictures', with a slight change. I was in the Aeropuerto de Ciudad de Mexico (Mexico City Airport) on my way here and they had very cool sinks in the Men's Room. Words can't really describe so I'll post the picture when I can.

Anyway, I will end this post now. I'm looking forward to taking some tourist time tomorrow and then coming back home on Monday. I'll be glad to be home.

--Rex Hoss

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rex, I believe you can e-mail the pictures from your phone to yourself and then prepare them to upload to the blog. At least that works for me.

    Thanks for another plug, although the link I get when clicking on my name is at Amazon.com. But I do appreciate the mention.

    Hope I see you soon. Next weekend in San Pedro?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rex: Haven't heard from you in a while. So, I went ahead and tagged you with a meme. It's on my blog. Hope you don't mind. . .and that all is well.

    ReplyDelete