Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Run-away Photographer, er, I Mean Runway Photographer



Last weekend I got the opportunity to shoot photographs of many wonderful models at a fashion event put on by Kami Shade. It was called Shop Til You Drop and it was held at Basics in San Diego. I had a fantastic time taking photographs of all the the great models, making some new acquaintances and practicing my photography technique.

Every photoshoot is an experience and this was no different. I'm a little more used to shooting in studio settings and/or where I can control the subjects and hopefully the lighting a bit more, so this proved to be a challenge. The event started before I knew it and so several of my first shots were spent adjusting my camera for the light, and the environment. After a while I got things together and feel I got some nice shots. There's always more to learn about photography and that's why I enjoy doing it - so I can learn and adapt to each new situation. Overall, I like the shots I got - There are of course things I'd have changed in hindsight, but hey - that's life. For those of you models and other photographers checking out my site and these photos, feel free to comment or contact me about the photos.

I look forward to hopefully working with many of these wonderful models again in the future and wish everyone involved in the event MUCH SUCCESS with your career goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment